Sunday, April 25, 2010

Childsupport for baby?

Questioner: maki

Subject: child support

Question: Hi, My girfriend is US resident,she doesnt live in the US no more,now she lives in Mexico, she had a baby when she was living there in the US, with a mexican who is american citizen. at the time the baby was like one year he went to that thing of child support and make arrangments for having rights with the baby for the fact of being giving money monthly.

the question is that the baby now is 1 year and a half, and the father comes to mexico sometines to see the baby, and not only to see her, but to take her some time, one o two weeks to EUA, to houston. what my girl wants to know is what happen if she goes to the judge, to the court in Houston and presents her case, her situation, she wants the father to come to mexico to see the baby, but not to take the baby away for weeks, she is a baby and has to be with her mother.

is there any posibility to have a paper, or something that support my girlfriend to allow the father to see the baby but not to take her out of the country? at least while she is a baby?

Answer: Dear Maki, I am not a attorney and cannot give legal advice. However, I can tell you that children under the age of 5 should not be separated from their primary caregiver (usually the mother) for long periods of time as children do not have the same sense of time as adults.

The International Attachment Parenting site has recommendations for visitation for children under the age of 5. Check here for the recommendations from experts.

Best Wishes!

M Kay Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment